Our staff works seamlessly with the North Greece, Barnard, and Lake Shore Fire Districts, as well as the local school districts to provide fire prevention education to children. Through this program, countless lives have been saved in Greece.
Our public education staff also offers an adult-oriented program aimed at educating our senior population in home and fire safety.
The goal of the fire district’s Community Outreach and Public Education program is to engage the public in
meaningful, professionally delivered, and useful programs and educational sessions throughout the community
that contribute to the overall wellness of families and businesses of the district.
To accomplish these goals, we strive to meet the following objectives:
1. Visit 100% of all Kindergarten through fifth grade (K-5) classes in the Ridge Road Fire District twice per
2. Increase fire safety programs for senior citizens by ten percent (10%) annually.
3. Increase interactive programs with businesses within the district by ten percent (10%) annually.
4. Record a ten percent (10%) increase in the installation of residential smoke alarms, carbon monoxide
alarms and/or batteries every year.
5. Provide a minimum of twelve (12) child safety seat-fitting stations annually.
6. Deliver a minimum of twelve (12) American Heart Association (AHA) Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation
(CPR) / Automated External Defibrillator (AED) classes to certify citizens in AHA CPR/AED skills.